Insisive Cloud now supports Azure Spot VMs!
Posted on:04 Jan 2021
Insisive Cloud goes multi-Cloud and supports Azure VMs
Excited to announce the preview release of multi-Cloud capabilities with support for Microsoft Azure Spot Virtual Machines (VMs).
Azure Spot Virtual Machines
Azure announced the general availability of spare capacity usage (Spot VMs) in May 2020. Spot VMs are available at steep discounts compared to regular VMs. However, their prices vary based on demand and supply, and Azure can evict them with a 30-second notice when it needs the capacity. Insisive Cloud helps leverage this excess capacity enabling Azure customers to obtain enterprise-level SLA along with cost savings.
Until now, customers can utilize Azure Spot VMs for a limited set of use cases such as stateless workloads that can sustain data loss and other VM configurations.
Where can I use Spot Virtual Machines
Insisive Cloud extends this capability to various use cases such as
- Container-based workloads
- Big Data and Batch oriented workloads with 1-click automation. Customers will need to create via Insisive cloud or convert their existing workloads. From then on, Insisive Cloud seamlessly handles spot monitoring, automated provisioning in case of termination of Spot VM while preserving data/ VM configurations.
Other features in Insisive Cloud for Azure
In addition to spot management, Insisive Cloud supports
- Schedulers for start /stop VMs on a flexible schedule
- Seamless integration with Azure Advisor
- Automated cost governance across multiple resources. These provide a comprehensive set of infrastructure optimization capabilities to the customers to leverage Azure better.
Try it now at https://insisivecloud.com and sign up with your Azure account
As a company, Insisive Labs builds innovative products and solutions using analytics and advanced automation that help customers generate better ROI in their cloud investments. InsisiveCloud provides 1-click automation powered by usage analytics for Compute, Storage, and Data optimization, providing one of the most comprehensive Infrastructure optimization solutions in the industry.